Monday, January 11, 2010

Fashionable

I dont know what it is, but I've seen so many stylish ladies wandering around lately.
Fashion has taken a turn for the cute, with berets, striped shirts, ballet flats, and little capes.
I approve.
I used to be a very shy girl, and I wore things that would keep attention away from me, and particularly my body. Like so many young women, I was plauged with poor body image, and while I have always loved pretty clothes, I used to wear pretty things with great self conciousness, and an idea that the pretty thing itself would be noticed, and I would mercifully be left out of the attention.
Fortunatly I'm not the same girl I was when I left high school. I've got a much more positive body image, and a newfound love of being pretty, and I'd like to cultivate this desire.

Now that I've reached a more comfortable view of my body I am in short supply of a) clothing that fits my body, and b) clothing that fits my idea of a stylish lady.
The former (and, admittedly, the latter) is because I am sixty pounds lighter then I was when I graduated high school, a big accomplishment for me.
Now the trick is finding a style that makes me feel fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding? You are one of the most fashionable women I know.

    ReplyDelete