Monday, January 17, 2011
I'm 24 now. I think I should have some fun things to do with this year of my life.
1. Take up archery.
2. Write a novel during NaNoWriMo.
3. Cook 52 new recipes.
4. Sing Karaoke.
5. Write a play or screenplay.
6. Compleate 20 paintings.
7. Sew 10 garments.
8. Find the perfect shade of red lipstick.
9. Donate my time to worthy causes.
10. Join a Writers group.
11. Give a genuine compliment every day.
13. Review at least 12 books for this blog.
14. Try new things to make me move more (dance class, etc).
15. Do a wardrobe appraisal.
16. Draw a picture a day.
17. Spend more time with friends.
18. Take an art class.
19. Stop being so camera shy.
20. Get a facial. (I've never had one before!)
21. Write 100 letters.
22. Take myself on dates.
23. Be a good blogger.
24. Have too much fun!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
Saturday, January 8, 2011
So this year I'm thinking about basics.
One of the delightful drawbacks to losing weight was that I "ungrew" a bunch of my clothes and had to replace them, a process which is ongoing.
But things needed updating anyway. I'm no longer a student, I'm joining the workforce, I'm preparing to set out and blaze through the world. My old, invisible uniform of shirts and jeans in shades of "dont notice me" need to go.
Now I'm not knocking shirts and jeans. Totally nessisary and enjoyable. But with my new found confidence returned by love of skirts, dresses, tights, and color!
It is my aspiration to become a lady. A lot of this is action, thought, and behavoir. Some of it is style. I hope that this year will allow me to cultivate all sides of being a lady.
So I'm going to make decisions in 2011 with thought, and care, and with an eye for the future I'm going to build for myself. And when building a foundation, of any kind, its good to start with basics.
So thats what I'm going to do.