Saturday, January 8, 2011

Basics



So this year I'm thinking about basics.
One of the delightful drawbacks to losing weight was that I "ungrew" a bunch of my clothes and had to replace them, a process which is ongoing.
But things needed updating anyway. I'm no longer a student, I'm joining the workforce, I'm preparing to set out and blaze through the world. My old, invisible uniform of shirts and jeans in shades of "dont notice me" need to go.
Now I'm not knocking shirts and jeans. Totally nessisary and enjoyable. But with my new found confidence returned by love of skirts, dresses, tights, and color!
It is my aspiration to become a lady. A lot of this is action, thought, and behavoir. Some of it is style. I hope that this year will allow me to cultivate all sides of being a lady.
So I'm going to make decisions in 2011 with thought, and care, and with an eye for the future I'm going to build for myself. And when building a foundation, of any kind, its good to start with basics.
So thats what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment