Friday, March 25, 2011

Excuses

So its after my fencing class, and I am therefore in my sweats, tennis shoes, and t-shirt emblazoned with my fencing schools logo.
Not my most elegant attire, for sure.
I get a call that nyquil is urgently required at home, so I stop by the grocery store.
When I'm in line, I am suddenly struck down by a sense of embaressment. I am normally a pretty formal dresser. As my mom says, I'm the fanciest person everywhere.
When I reach the checker I'm tempted to appologise to the checker, and ply him with my excuse of just returning from class.
Then I realize it doesnt matter in the least. A lady is how she acts, not how she dresses, especially in a late night medicine run.

I amuse myself with my own absurdity.

1 comment:

  1. This is irritating, regardless! It happens to me, too. For instance when I am returning from a jiu jitsu class to find visitors in my home.

    ReplyDelete