Monday, July 12, 2010

Classics


Confession that is probably obvious. I love to shop. I love clothes! (I love other things too, but for the moment we're gonna talk about clothes shopping.)
For me it doesnt matter where I shop. I am an avid thrifter, and have found many of my favorite things from thrift stores, for astonishing prices.
I have a lot of fun clothes, beautiful summer dresses, well fitting jeans, brightly colored t-shirts. They're great fun.
However, as a hopeful young professional, I needed some more work wear, so thats what I set out to get.
Yesterday I did some serious shopping and aquired some work wear peices, all quite classic, in neutral colors. A pencil skirt, a pair of modest (yet adorable) tights, and an absolutly gorgeous black and white dress that looks like it came from the 60's, and while gorgeous, is also work appropriate.
I'm already happily planning outfits.
Though I admit I bought a fun, French-ish striped t-shirt as well. You know, because its fun. It might be work appropriate, on a more casual day.
At the end of the day I looked into my shopping bag and was amused by the nutrality of my bag. Black, white, grey.
I love color, and plan to pair these items with some pretty colored peices, but theres no denying that most of the timeless, classic peices are neutrals.
Pretty, pretty neutrals!
I will someday get my camera fixed, so I can show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment