Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thoughts

So I really like to read a bunch of body positive blogs. They're good for the brain, and good for the perceptions. I've found that Manolo for the Big Girl is one such blog. The fabulous ladies of Manolo and I do not share a whole lot in common style wise (I cannot stand in heels. They and I shall not be together ever), but they've got wisdom and common sense coming out of their ears. Plus they're funny, and insightful, and, best of all, they know that a Big Girl is mostly additute, so even though I am no longer a size that would be considered big, I feel just as included in the advice and comments as anyone. Body acceptance means accepting it at any size, and they are awesome about it.
So recently one of them posted thisarticle, which I loved, about what style items would be copied if someone else was to do a "costume" of her. Cool idea. I may have to try that.

1 comment:

  1. you know, it's funny, even though i'm not a "big" size (seriously, at my heaviest, which was at 195 lbs--yes, i weighed that much at one point--i was at most a size 12/14. benefits of being short and small, i guess?), body positive blogs and messages and the sudden rise in acceptance of plus sized women in the media (well, more acceptance than usual) is incredibly reassuring to me. maybe that has something to do with the fact that even though i'm short, curvy, and chubby, the way my body is proportioned is more similar to an hour glass plus-size woman. when i looked at these photos: http://jezebel.com/5439851/v-gives-the-world-a-plus+size-shoot-not-afraid-to-flaunt-its-curves/gallery/ i felt like i was looking at women who had a similar body type--and looked fucking GOOD.

    body image positivity = win.

    ReplyDelete