Sunday, November 13, 2011

Shorn.

These two> posts have given me a lot to think about short hair on women.
I'm a short haired girl, and I have been for a long, long time. When I was a kid I equated long hair with princesses and all things feminine and beautiful.
Lets face it, I'm into feminine and beautiful.
However, I have nightmare hair. Its fine, very, very fine. So fine that it will unbraid itself by the end of the day. Combs, clips, and bobby pins abandon my hair mid-hairsyle, and even the most determined curling-iron/hairspray combination will need to be redone in half an hour.
So, when I was in junior high school, I did the unthinkable. I let someone chop it all off.
You know, it makes me feel more feminine. It highlights my cheekbones, my neck, and showcases any pretty jewlery I wish to wear.
Some guys have told me that they'd love to see it grown out, and while I try to never say never, (once I would have died rather than chop my hair off), now I say go for it. Pixi cut, bob, boy cut, bring it to me. Its just hair. It grows back fast. And its much more me this way.
How about you? Do you feel better with long hair? Short hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment