Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Wardrobe of Others- Sabrina




Sabrina is one of my favorite movies of all time. The young ingenue, in love with the charming, handsome playboy, goes to Paris, and comes home transformed. But when she finally catches the attention of the man she's always adored, she finds his brother, the quiet, serious behind-the-sceens man is perhaps the better man for her.
Its an adorable film, and Audrey Hepburn, who is easily one of the most elegent creatures to ever walk to the earth, if not the most elegent, does her transformation from the chauffers daughter into lady with her usual flair.

via (which also has a great thing about how Sabrina cutting her hair is the most important thing in the film. And as a short haired girl, I agree.)

She starts off like this, adorable yes? Its always funny to me when anyone thinks that they can make Audrey Hepburn look plain. Not my favorite outfit of the film, but pretty cute.
But then, after two years in Paris, this is how she gets off the train.

via
I mean, come on. Thats how people used to travel? Look at her, she's perfectly neat and stylish and has legs for days. I want the hat. I want it all.
Of course, then theres the Cinderella moment.

"The prettiest girl, the prettiest dress, the best dancer!" Its a stunner of a dress. Mind you no one has the body type for it except Audrey Hepburn, but I am happy just to sit back and admire the pretty.

via
This is my favorite look in the whole film and one of my favorite dresses in all of film history. To me its the perfect little black dress, just flawless, and its beautiful on its own, or with the pretty little crown hat. (I want that hat, seriously.)

via
I mean look at that hat! Look at those eyelashes! Look at that frozen drink! Doesnt she look the perfect blend of whimsical and sophisticated?

via
And flats! She's wearng it with flats! Its the most perfect little black dress to ever be.
Sigh.
And thats what I want to be in my closet.
If you havent seen Sabrina (and this version, please. Ignore the horrid remake with Harrison Ford), then you must. Its funny, its charming, its romantic, its stylish its.... Its as close to heaven as one can get on Long Island, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment