Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monochrome

I love old movies. Mad about them. Compleatly over the moon. If someone was to ask me to list my favorite movies, the list would include several black and white gems. Need one of the funniest movies ever made? Try Some Like it Hot. Need a romantic movie about finding yourself? Sabrina.
And for a thriller, something to tease the brain and send tingles up the spine? Well, for that you have to go to Alfred Hitchcock, one of the most dramatic cinematographers to ever live.
When I was in Junior High, my father took me to go see Rear Window at the Crest Theatre, a funky art deco theatre that shows art films and old movies.
And I was compleatly sold. I fell in love with the master of mystery, his charming sleuths, his cool blonde bombshells, and his sly humor.
I am particularly fond of his hidden cameos, how he sneaks himself into his movies, a wink and a nudge, a little signature.


But the fat man can be hard to spot, so this is excelent.

My favorites are the newspaper, and him missing the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment